Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22...How???

It's Tuesday...
January 22!!!!

Truly January 2013 is almost gone!!!

Being in the house most the month with sick ones I feel we missed January! The month has been a blur from fevers, wiping noses, coughs, medicine, hot tea, cuddles, videos, and lots of chatting...the month disappeared! Mind you, I'm not complaining, nope, not one bit! 2013 didn't start off like I had planned but obviously my plans weren't that important and could be changed. Family, life, and love mean more than plans! School, well, school just didn't happen in the mix of all the sickness...another reason we love to year round school, we aren't behind we just had to regroup.

While the children were sick I myself wasn't 100% up to par, so the down time gave me time to gather my thoughts after a busy Christmas/New Year time. Today seemed like a great day to get our 2013 in swing, with children now well, they were eager and full of energy. Today I started a read aloud, Charlotte's Web...they love it! It's always fun to read together. At the rate we read today we'll finish the book by Friday, but I already have another book lined up next :)


For some in our family this month did pan out to be a very productive month. While I was home with sick littles, our store was very busy with New Years boarders and all those daily daycare pups...which are like our own, and we love! And then there were the days/nights/ & weekends that we had many or all well able bodies out at the farm working! I have been shocked and amazed at how much they have gotten accomplished out there in the past few weeks. Arthur is a go-getter kind of man always has been ....he never sits idle, and if he does he goes to sleep ;) Well, I have seen over the past several years most of our children where given the go-getter gene! This is how so much was accomplished at the farm, team work and go go go! Arthur and the children have taken lots of pictures I hope to have time to share them soon, along with the direction in which the farm is moving.

That's been our January so far, full of daily life and lots of love!!!!

6 comments:

Nicole Pelkey said...

Were reading Charolettes Web, too! We were studying E.B.White (since was a Mainer and all :))
I cannot believe January is more than half over! I feel like this year is going to FLY by. Already in our near future this year we are planning to buy a house, my husband to switch from a full time job to part time job, go on partial deputation to raise support, my husbands ordination and its just going to be busy! Sometimes I get overwhelmed, but God knows!!
I love reading here! Thanks for sharing with us all a bit of your home and.life. CANT WAIT for some up coming farm posts!!

Cindy said...

Sounds like a lot was accomplished even though so many were sick. Glad everyone is doing better!

Cinnamon said...

I was thinking the same thing. This month seemed to fly by. It seems we've gotten a lot accomplished and yet my plans were derailed just a bit with the plain ol' busy-ness of life.

The farm sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see pictures. Actually I can't wait to see it in person again.

John says we need a half way point for us all to meet and do something fun :-)

Miss you!

~Cinnamon

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everyone is doing better. Let's hope February is a good healthy month for your family.

Victoria

Jody said...

Yes, Laura, January is flying by...how does that happen? We have been sick, well I have, since Oct.! The kids not as long, so we sympathize with you.

So good you are getting lots of work done on the farm, wonderful! We have a cow down right now and may end up "putting her down." Not the fun part of farming...

Enjoy the rest of January, and be well!

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

Laura said...

Glad to hear that you're all feeling better. Can't wait to see those pictures!